We will not use the data we obtain from you to do anything but make your shipping easier and get your packages from point A to point B....No lists, no selling of your name of your customers name or divulging to your competitors. We wouldn't do that, we want all business, not just one company.
Lawyer version legalese:
Information We Obtain
We may obtain personal information about our consumers (such as name, contact details and payment information) in connection with various activities such as (i) use of the YAKIT websites, (ii) shipping activities, including delivery and pickup of shipments, (iii) requests to track shipments or answer questions, (iv) events in which we participate, and (v) promotions and other offers.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Individual and business contact information (such as name, company name, physical address, email address, and telephone or fax number)
- Shipping information (such as (i) shipping-related contact details like the shipper's and consignee's name, physical address, email address and telephone number, (ii) signature for proof of delivery, (iii) YAKIT account number, and (iv) information given to us that helps us access locations to which YAKIT partners provide service) and information provided to us regarding the content of certain shipments, but only to the extent an identifiable person can be linked to such content
- Information that enables us to verify your identity
- Names, email addresses and telephone numbers of others to whom we are asked to send information
- Username and password to access YAKIT products and services online
- Social media handles
- Payment information (including payment card details or online payment services number and billing address) and financial information (such as bank account number)
- Tax identification number in circumstances in which you request products or services for which this information is required, or in connection with certain promotions or sweepstakes
- Other personal information that may be provided to us to obtain a YAKIT product or service
When we pick up or deliver a shipment or provide other services, we may obtain physical location data. This includes, for example, data identifying the actual location of a physical address using information such as GPS data, geocodes, latitude and longitude information, and images of the various locations.
In addition, when you visit our websites, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. The information we collect in this manner includes IP address, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our site, and dates and times of website visits. A "cookie" is a text file that websites send to a visitor's computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor's browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A "web beacon" also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain "clickstream data," which is a log of content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. We may link certain data elements we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you to let us know, for example, whether you have opened an email we sent to you. We also may use third-party website analytics tools that collect information about visitor traffic on our websites. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our websites.
How We Use The Information We Obtain
We may use the information we obtain to:
- Pick up, deliver and track shipments
- Provide products and services you request
- Process and collect payments
- Provide customer support and respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments
- Establish and manage your YAKIT account (including your online account on YAKITNOW.com and its various features, such as the address book and the YAKIT Billing Center)
- Communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions
- Enable you to post on our blogs and interact with YAKIT through social media
- Send information to your contacts if you ask us to do so
- Process claims we receive in connection with our services
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our advertising; analyzing and enhancing our products, services and websites; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies
In addition, we may use information collected online through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users' visits to our websites, (ii) delivering content (including advertising) tailored to our users' interests and the manner in which our users browse our websites, and (iii) managing our business. We may supplement data we collect through automated means with information about your location (such as your zip code) to provide you with content that may be of interest to you. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our websites, identify users of our websites, and gather demographic information about our users. We use clickstream data to determine how much time users spend on web pages of our websites, how users navigate through our websites, and how we may tailor our websites to better meet the needs of our users.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise share personal information about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice. To perform our pick-up and delivery services, we share shipping information with third parties such as shippers, consignees, third party payors and recipients. We also share personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. These third parties are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
We also may share the personal information we obtain with our affiliates, franchisees, resellers and joint marketing partners. These entities, which collectively are referred to here as the "YAKIT Business Partners," may use the information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. We may share physical location data with our YAKIT Business Partners and other third parties to, for example, enhance location-based services and develop accurate and up-to-date maps. We will not share other personal information with third parties who are not YAKIT Business Partners.
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
Links To Other Websites
Our websites may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with YAKIT. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that are not affiliated with YAKIT, any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice and in accordance with applicable law.
Updates To Our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a prominent notice on our websites to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at privacy@Yakitnow.com. You also may write to us at:
YAKIT Corporate Headquarters
Attention: Global Privacy Manager
440 N Wolfe Rd,
Sunnyvale, CA 94085